Maybe these posts should be sub-titled ‘What I Do When I’m Not Blogging’, since I seem to be on Instagram all the time lately.
I started the week with some thrift store and antique mall shopping. Every time I look at the shot of this brass trunk, I want to jump in my car and go buy it. Sigh.
I’m not going to buy this baby, though. I’m going to hack it and put it in my kitchen. I think it will be a pretty easy project, and I get to use power tools. Bonus.
There were also a few pictures of furniture made from wagon wheels. I share these for my husband, because we have a running joke about wagon wheels a la When Harry Met Sally. We even have a wagon wheel, which I will make into a table. Someday.
This is a my Goodwill haul. I am Madison Avenue’s dream, because marketing TOTALLY works on me. Example: I buy more at Goodwill to get the discount with my rewards card. But this $50 worth of junk will give me hours of joy.
Play along: Do you see the bunny in the picture above?
I ate all of this Aussie Burger: lettuce,
onion, pickled beets, grilled pineapple, local fried egg, Smoking Goose bacon, ketchup and mayo. And then I had a tummy ached from eating the bun. Dear Punch Burger, will you still serve me if I B.Y.O.B. (bring my own bun)?
I made Cocoa Puff muffins to celebrate my boss’ birthday. But he took an unannounced vacation day, so we ate them in his honor. In front of his closed office door. What?
Speaking of work, I have my own little plant nursery going on in my cubicle. I didn’t think I would have much success with the little forget-me-not seeds that I received during the 14 Days of Valentines, but those little suckers are GROWING under the flourescent lights. Good thing something flourishes there.
Last week I watched Contagion for the first time. I know. I’m a little behind. But now I think of Dr. Ian Sussman every time I write a post. “Blogging is not writing; it’s graffiti with punctuation.” That’s me alright.
Now on to what I am pinning this week.
- 29 Rue House is inspiring me to pimp my own spider-back chair.
- Man…now I have to add vintage light globes to my list of things to hunt for in thrift shops.
- I absolutely need a couple of these granny square pillows in my life.
- I’m always looking for a way to dress up a t-shirt and wear it to work. Now I just need to decided on which one I will add leather shoulder trim.
- I’m a little scared, because I haven’t had the best luck in the past, but I may try making some jewelry this weekend. This chevron necklace inspires me.
- I love bubble tea, and it’s not easy to find in Indy. Maybe I need to make my own and add this coffee version to the mix.
- Poaching an egg in olive oil? Love it!
- This cookie stamping technique is giving me soooo many ideas.
- Cross-stitch? Yes. Foxes? Yes! I’m so excited about the faux-stitch pattern on these bags.
- You may find me on the couch this Sunday night watching The Ten Commandments and crafting these plastic lace woven hangers. Charlton Heston and Yul Brynner just do it for me, what can I say?
Here’s wishing you all a happy, sunny, blessed Easter weekend!