What’s this sad and boring picture, you ask? Oh, just our unpainted guest room closet. It’s primed and (mostly) painted now. But since I finished in the near-dark, I don’t have an “after” shot to show you yet.
Two weeks ago, I mentioned that we may not be crossing many items off the list as we get into the more time-consuming tasks of our guest bedroom project. And then last week, I forgot to publish the list. I guess it doesn’t matter, because it hasn’t changed much…as predicted.
Move everything back out of the room Fix the plate for the light fixture/ceiling fan Repair and sand the plaster on the ceiling and walls Putty and sand the trim moldings
- Paint the ceiling, trim and walls
- Install the custom closet
- Sand and stain the floors
- Hang the ceiling fan
- Hang the curtains and blinds
- Move everything back into the room
What didn’t make the list:
- Spending four hours at Home Depot while finding and ordering a new custom front door…and not because we are too choosy. Did I mention that this is our second attempt at ordering after our second door measurement in two weeks? (details to come in a future post)
- More patching and sanding (which seemed like a never-ending job)
- Hanging out with my nephews and niece (all work and no play make Karen a dull girl)
- Installing a new service door on our detached garage (the hubby is beaming with pride)
- And the usual weekend going’s ons
Whew! I’m (almost) happy to be back at the 9-to-5 today. Did you get a lot accomplished this weekend too?