So, yeah, it’s been a while. And you would think that I would have lots of pictures from Instagram to share during my absence. But when this lady takes a break, she means it. So here is what little I have to show and tell from the last two weeks.
I saved some of my hubby’s old t-shirts from the donation bin to make some t-shirt yarn. I have no idea what I’m going to do with it yet. There are just so many options to choose, it overwhelms me.
The hubby made me a brunch sammie on gluten-free bread and served it up with some pickled shrimp. Yum! Who’s a lucky wife?
This is the only evidence remaining of my latest epic recipe fail. Crab-stuffed something sounded good, I had some zucchini in the fridge, and quinoa would make it all gluten-free. Long story short, do not try to talk yourself into thinking that canned crab meat will work in a pinch. It doesn’t. Didn’t I learn anything from Top Chef?
Fortunately these lovely people have been much more productive than I over the last couple of weeks, giving me lots of goodies to pin on Pinterest.
- Okay, so if I had this blooming monogram on my wall, do you think I would keep my promise to always have fresh flowers in the house?
- This bulldog corkboard mural is too cute to be confined in a kid’s bedroom (though it is awesome there). I say do some excellent pop art installation on your living room wall with it.
- I want one of all my favorite animals as framed fabric art.
- Direct your attention to your best asset with this lace-embellished t-shirt. (Yes, I mean your booty. Don’t you think the lace draws your attention down the line?)
- I need these rummage sale tips to get my resale mojo back. More selling = more buying, so I need to get to it.
- Really, do I need to say anything else except strawberry margarita cupcakes?
- I know that I don’t need to say again how much I love bacon. Besides, I will just be reminding you again in a few days. But don’t you want some of these maple-bacon muffins with crumbled bacon glaze right now?
- I think I will have lots more success with this crispy buffalo quinoa bites salad. No canned crab to make it go oh-so-wrong.
- Shut up! Peanut-butter-cup-stuffed chocolate-dipped Oreos? I might be salivating like Pavlov’s dog.
- I experienced another great minds think alike moment with this chocolate sour cream tortilla cake. I have some leftover corn tortillas that I know would make a kick-butt dessert. Once I get it down, I’ll be sure to share it with you all.
I also wanted to encourage everyone in or around the Indianapolis area to attend An Enchanted Spring Market this Friday and Saturday, May 24-25th. Nicki has been posting about all the great vendors who will be there, and it sounds like it’s going to be great. Memorial Day Weekend is a busy one around here, more because of the Indy 500 than my birthday of course, so don’t forget to make some room in your calendar for this vintage/crafty shopping opportunity.