Because I haven’t been blogging every day, but I
usually do a pretty good job of keeping up with the 365 Project on Instagram, I thought it might be a good idea to feature some of my more random photos each week. Introducing the inaugural SeeKarenFollow post.
Local corned beef from Goose the Market, colcannon, and roasted cabbage with parsnips, carrots, and onions served up on my great-grandmother’s Haviland china. I also made my favorite cake in the whole world. Post coming soon!
That leftover corned beef was just as awesome in a bibb lettuce salad with swiss cheese, grape tomatoes, my pickles, and Annie’s Cowboy Ranch dressing.
I swear I wore this outfit in 1989, right? The scarf is one of my many impulse purchases at the Springtime in Indiana Showcase last weekend. I met some wonderful artisans and vendors, and I hope to feature a couple here in the coming weeks.
Then today I made this Mountain Dew cake with Mountain Dew buttercream for a co-worker. He is a BIG fan of…you guessed it, Mountain Dew. It may not be a do-over, but it was fun to make and to eat.
Ooh! And speaking of making things, do you want to see what I am pinning this week?
- It’s a shame that I’ve never had a kumquat, but I want to. In this Kumquat Lemongrass Rum Punch. Please.
- I’m afraid that I may eat the whole batch of Sweet & Salty Banana Chips.
- My unhappiness with the Muthuh Nay Nay has been voiced. More than once. But if the cold is an excuse to have this Smoked Chorizo and White Bean Soup, then maybe I can feel better about the whole thing.
- I love a good crockpot recipe. But cilantro and lime? Yes, please, Cilantro-Lime Crockpot Chicken.
- Here we go again with the cilantro. Add beets, garlic, avocado, and pickled onions, and my eyes roll back in to my head with pleasure: Roasted Beets with Roasted Garlic Avocado Puree, Pickled Onions, & Cilantro.
- I want to make these Mini Malted Milk Cheesecakes with Whoppers. And with malted Easter eggs. And….
- I love brownies. I love brownie pie. But Paleo Brownie Pie? Perfect!
- I’ve been loving the eggshell vases in egg cups for a while now. These Eggshell Vases are clever, because they include their own little stand made from PVC pipe.
- These Pom Pom Flowers would make me smile every single time I saw them.
- More pom poms. More Easter eggs in egg cups. What can I say? I know what I like, and I like these tiny Egg Stocking Hats.
Have a great weekend!