Who else is overjoyed that it’s May? In Indy, May is a month full of activity and celebration…including my birthday. I usually share my birthday weekend with the Indy 500, so I’ve learned to make the most of it. This week, however, was all about counting down to Cinco de Mayo (from the food I ate to the shoes I wore and of course the margaritas) and other random moments caught on Instagram.
I finally took down my tissue paper flower garlands, but only to replace them with red and blue crepe paper and glittery Cinco de Mayo decorations. Yes, it does look a little like a 4th grade classroom up in there. So?
The hubby and I saw my all-time favorite ever presentation of A Midsummer Night’s Dream at the Indiana Repertory Theatre this week. The Shakespeare classic was depicted as a young boy’s dream set in the Belle Époque era. Loved it! And isn’t IRT beautiful inside?
Sometimes a great recipe starts with an epic fail. This was the case with my Mexican Hot Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream. I hadn’t planned on ice cream. But when the brownies blew up in the over, fell while cooling, cemented themselves to the pan, and then turned out to be a pudding cake consistency inside, plans changed. I have to say, though, they made the best ice cream ever!
This photo is why I love, love, love Instagram. Because sometimes you spy a random rainbow in the sky. And not only do you need to take a picture of this thing that makes you smile, but you also need to share it with others immediately. Smiles all around!
When you look at what I pinned on Pinterest this week, it will appear that I was very hungry. And thirsty. All week. I threw in a couple of crafty ideas at end. Because they are awesome…not just to feel less guilty about my food cravings.
- Nacho fries are a brilliant idea. Why hasn’t anyone done this sooner? Maybe they have, but I wasn’t paying attention. Never mind. I want to try these soon; maybe even switch it up with sweet potato fries. Yum!
- Month of May parties are all about the potluck. I’m keeping this Royal Potato Salad recipe in mind for the next shindig.
- It’s probably dangerous that I can now make these cinnamon-sugar almonds in the crock pot. As soon as I figure out how to make them with non-refined sugar choices, I may just be out-of-control.
- Speaking of out-of-control. Chocolate-covered bacon toffee. Someone please pry it away from me.
- I had an awesome idea this week. Why not make my own version of a Choco-Taco with some leftover taco shells that I have in the pantry. I spent a few days pondering ice cream options that would blend perfectly with the shells. Then I found these Peanut Buster Choco Tacos. So good; I’m totally going to copy!
- Roasted jalapeno margaritas. Do I need to say anything else?
- Hot summer days are a comin’, and where would I be without these agua frescas?
- Ten gifts in one hour. Hooray! That’s what I’m thinking when I see these fabric key chains.
- How adorable is this no-sew lattice t-shirt? I’m thinking you could customize it to your desired level of exposure (ahem).
- Not only do I appreciate the DIY wood transfer tutorial on this post, but the message is something that I need in my life. Daily.
Feliz Cinco de Mayo!